Boot up issues

petehowell

Hello.

I have a D10A and EMS-D10 in my RV-9A. 500 hours and they work great. Yesterday, I landed in South Bend to drop off the little one at Grandmas and make a quick turn for home. I gassed up and when I started up again, the EMS did not boot. I could see a faint flicker on the screen and one time a blue screen with no Dynon logo, but no boot.

I needed to get back home to Minne, so I tore the panel apart, and did the only thing I could think of - reseat the dsubs at the back of the unit. That worked! I buttoned it up and flew home, no issues. For grins, after I cleaned off the bugs, I flipped on the power - once again no EMS. I am sure I have a bad pin - any idea which one to focus on?

The EMS is a great unit! Any thoughts appreciated....

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
My first guess would be the keep alive line if you have it hooked up.

It's also possible that you have a short putting power onto a wire that is never supposed to have it- this can backpower the electronics in weird ways.

Also, try going to the latest software if you are not already. It has more robust power handling that may be helpful.

Good luck - this sounds like a tricky one.

petehowell

Disconnected the keep alive and loaded new software - so far so good - thanks for the response on the weekend - you guys ROCK!

Pete