Brighter screen from aircraft spruce

triple7driver

I just ordered a DEK-180 from Aircraft Spruce and requested the Bright screen option. They called me back and said that the bright screen option is no longer available. What's up with that ??? :-?

Simn_Smith

If you look on their website there is no option to have the brighter screen with the D180 (or D120). It is however listed under the D100.

I ordered a D180 from them with the D100 brighter screen and that is what I got! (about a month ago so things could have changed).

Simon

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The bright screen is available on all D1XX products (D100, D120, D180) and we don't have any plans to cancel it.

Spruce is basically a volume reseller so they know very little about our products (kind of like going to Best Buy), so take what they say with a grain of salt. If Spruce won't sell you one you'll just have to order direct from us or through another vendor.

JetJockey

I would not recommend buying from Aircraft Spruce. I recently purchased a D-10A from them and I received a unit that had obviously been returned from someone else after attempting to install it. When I called ACS to return it for a new unit, they basically washed their hands of the problem and referred me to Dynon for resolution.

Dynon had me send my unit back to them where they repaired and bench checked the unit, then shipped it back to me. It seems to work fine now (although I have not flown it yet). Regardless, I paid a "new" price for a "used" unit, and my project was put on hold for over 2 weeks while the D-10A was shipped (at my cost) back to Dynon for repairs and recertification.

I cannot tell you how many times ACS has screwed up an order for me and this selling of an obviously used/returned item to me was the final straw. I will not deal with them anymore.

I am in no way blaming Dynon for this, they had no control over how ACS treated me. They were very good about checking out my unit and fixing the damaged connector. My only complaint was that I wish they could have put me higher on the priority list because of the extenuating circumstances surrounding my situation.

If you are considering buying from Aircraft Spruce, Buyer Beware!!

brian

I agree completely on the comments about Aircraft Spruce's customer service and attitudes.  After buying a lot of stuff from them for several years, I now only purchase from them if I can't get something elsewhere.  Over and over and over, they have proven their poor customer service.  
See   http://brian76.mystarband.net/vendors.htm  (bottom of page) for details
brian