Can WingX use the skyview GPS?

birddog486

I love flying!
I finally setup the WiFi on my HDX system and connected my Ipad for the first time today. I noticed right away when I opened my WingX program it was showing multiple ADS-b traffic in my area but I dont have a GPS position for myself. Am I safe to assume Dynon and WingX dont play nice with each other or is there a way to send the dynon GPS position to WingX.

My Ipad is WiFi only with no internal GPS.

GalinHdz

Not sure about WingX but FltPlanGO can use the DYNON GPS position so I know the data is being sent via WIFI. But you have to use the "CUSTOM > PORT 4000" setting within FLtPlanGO.

Does WingX have a "Custom" or "Generic" input setting? Maybe you need a different setting within WingX.

birddog486

I love flying!
I haven't found any way to change GPS settings in WingX. I recieved a reply from Hilton software, the makers of WingX. They gave me a list of compatible products that work for GPS and it's pretty short.

There's a note at the end that states: WingX is compatible with all other external GPS receivers that use iOS Core Location.

Any info on this would be helpful. I'd rather not have to put the Dual brand GPS puck in the plane if I can get the Skyview to talk with WingX on the Ipad.