Capacatence to Voltage Converter (BNC)

fpullanojr

I need to install the converter but my question is, do I need the BNC connector or can I just bypass it by snipping the wire and connecting it to the fuel sender? My senders have three wires coming off and I don't see any reason to install a male BNC connector just so I can hook into the converter. Or am I missing something with the connector? Thanks.

jakej

Frank

It seems you don't need the converter - just connect the black and red wires to ground and power respectively and the signal (3rd wire) direct to one of the fuel level inputs.

HTH

Jake J :)

fpullanojr

Thanks for the reply. I assume you meant that I don't need the "BNC" connector? You said I don't need the converter.

jakej

Let's go back a step - you have a 3 wire fuel level sender, correct ? Which manufacturer ? Is there a BNC fitting on the sender ?

Jake J

fpullanojr

The sender didn't' have a BNC connector so I simply removed the actual connector and spliced the appropriate wire to the dynon feed. I suppose a better question would have been to ask if the BNC connector was doing more than sending a single signal (e.g. ground too). I haven't been able to re calibrate the levels due to a pair of tanks filled with gas. Thanks for the replies, I'll post the results either way.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Note that our cap-to-volt converter is designed to measure a floating capacitance between plates or tubes that are installed in fuel tanks (like the Vans plates). Other applications may not work.