Capacitive-to-Voltage Converter

apkp777

I am installing my Dynon C-T-V converter. The SkyView installation manual says in Section 9-12 "connect the Capacitive-to-Voltage Converter to the SV-EMS-220 for power as shown in the TABLE below". There is no "table" below? Where does the C-t-V converter get its power? There are 3 wires, I assume one is ground, the others??? Do they all go to the GPI (enhanced) PIN 8,22 &31?

sandaville

The Converter ouputs a variable voltage based on the capacitance across the probe (i.e fuel level). It Requires a 10 to 15V DC Supply referenced to Ground.

Missing Table will be something like this.

Power - Pin 15 (Aux 12V Output)
GND - Any Ground Pin
Converter Output - Any Enhanced General Purpose Input Pin

apkp777

Do you think this is correct?

Black - ground
Red - 12v
White - D37 input

sandaville

Looks Good.  :)
Also the D-180 Installation Manual has additional information on the converter installation. Skyview should be no different. Have a look at page 9-35 for confirmation of the wire colours and how to connect. The Pin numbers for the converter output connection will be different for Skyview. The Power and Ground are the same.

sandaville

Dynon,

Seems you can not keep your existing EMS wiring loom exactly as previous products for Skyview if you are using capacitive fuel probes. The outputs from these would need to be moved from existing pins 20 & 21 to either 8, 22 or 31 of the Skyview harness.