CAUTION aural warning

mitch757

Occasionally I get an aural "caution" when flying my plane but no indication of what it refers to.  After flying and downloading the alert data, I still can't find out what the caution is referencing.

So, why is my Skyview giving me this alert with absolutely no way to find out what it's about?

Since the "problem" can't be detected, I suggest that all "cautions" be eliminated which can't be determined in flight.

Mitch

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
What version of software are you running? In the most recent, there's a separate alert log that usually helps narrow it down. Is it not in there?

CGameProgrammer

I love flying!
Maybe your indicated altitude temporarily becomes significantly different from your GPS altitude (barometer mismatch) due to a high- or low-pressure zone?

mitch757

The point is that nothing can be done about whatever the "caution" is alerting to while in flight. It is only a distraction.

There should be a provision to show this information only after landing so the fault can then be addressed.

GlennB

We get this one too, and in our case we know the source:

Every so often, the Skyview gets a single bad data packet from the GPS.  This causes it to think the ADS-B source has failed, hence the very brief caution.  If the message box is already open, you may be quick enough to see it.

As a feature request, could the firmware be modified so that it takes, say, 2 bad packets in a row before the message is triggered?  That would still catch a genuine failure, and make our cockpit a lot quieter  ;)