"caution message" : knob panel off line

RAYBAUT

HDX skyview
This morning, I wish to fix the current baro value (QNH), but the Knob panel (also used by the autopilot) was "off line"
How to fix this problem ?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55

RV14_TD

from time to time my knob panel doesn't wake up, similar message on the screen
I would re cycle the master switch and re boot the HDXs, that solves the problem

Rhino

LOL! Reminds me of an old electronics instructor who was fond of saying sometimes the electrons are just too busy doing something else, so you have to restart when they aren't so busy.

swatson999

This is probably the same thing that causes my XPDR or one of the servos to, very occasionally, pop up the Off-line message on system boot. Power-off reset usually clears it. IMO, it's a timing problem with all the devices booting up and the main system polling for status during its boot, with insufficient wait states to delay the polling long enough for everything to be up (as much as I *hate* wait states in a real-time system).

Told Dynon about it, along with my hypothesis, but I think it's just way down on the list of things to work on and not a safety of flight issue. I've never had anything drop out after successful boot.

PA32-300

I have the same problem. was happening once every 10 flights or so. today I had to reboot 3 times before the knob panel came online.

RV14_TD

It looks like withe the latest 16.6 version we got a trustworthy AOA indicator but lost the knob panel
It's a fair deal ;)

Stevec

Having the same issue here. It seems to be an issue that crops up from time to time but I have noticed that after the latest update it happens every second flight.

bruceh

I was having this issue. I think it was suggested in another thread to take the knob panel off line, reconfig the network, then put it online and reconfig it back into the SV network. After that it has been consistently online.