Checklist made easily and uploaded to HDX

ssbn608

I love flying!
I keep suggesting to Dynon that they come up with a new product that is kinda like the EMS but much more simplified and has a number of wires coming out of it and you connect this box via a wire to the various switched checklist based appliances on your airplane.

They can call this new gizmo a Checklist Monitoring System (CMA).

It seems to me I've seen switch based checklists before, but I can't remember exactly where.

In general, I like this idea... but I have a couple of reactions:
Why wires? I have enough wires running around with an portable ADS-B receiver, etc. Why not wireless link to a pad? Maybe yet another app for iPad or your cell phone?

And why physical switches? Why not something like checkboxes that are checked (turned green) when touched. for the items not turned green by the EMS etc system.

ssbn608

I love flying!
I agree. I use an iPad mini 5 running ForeFlight in my RV-8. So I have created checklists in Word (save them as PDFs) and uploaded them to FF's Documents section in a "Checklists" tab (called "Binders" in FF). Very easy to pull up a checklist when needed.

I LIKE this a lot. I'm going to do this, and save the pdfs in the documents section of my FlyQ EFB app on my iPad. Then I won't have to worry about my co-pilot trying to remember where he/she stuck the checklist instead of returning it to the proper spot (it's always the co-pilot who misplaces the checklist, never me... even when flying solo).