CHT and EGTs are at cryogenic temperatures

N747PW

Just completed installing the EGT and CHT sensors. Fired up the D120 and lo and behold all the CHTs and EGTs read -99 degrees. Removed a CHT sensor from the bayonet fitting warmed it up with a heat gun to where it si too hot to touch, still -99 degrees. This is in northern California where it's around +50F (nowhere near -99 degrees). Yes I checked the connections to the Dynon supplied harness. White goes to white, yellow to yellow and red to red. It is possible that the right sensor is connected to the wrong cylinder (I hope not) but electrically this should make no difference. Read the manual several times to see if there a soft switch I had to throw but Display is set to on. What did I do wrong?

HELP!!!

Best

Pat

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What kind of engine do you have?

Also, there are some lines on the EMS 37 pin harness, particularly the 5V excitation line and the 12V fuel flow power line, that can cause issues if they are accidentally connected to somewhere they ought not to be. Try isolating those to see if if changes anything.

N747PW

Thanks. I will try that.

I did reverse the connection on one of the sensors to see if it would make a difference, but it still read -99. I disconnected the sensor and the reading showed erratic values and finally settled to -99.

Does this give any more clues?

Pat

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Not really. There's either something up with the unit itself, or something's wired such that it's affecting voltages all over the place.