CHT EXTENSION WIRES

N125YX

For my Jabiru 3300 I have 100436-000 CHT extension wires , and 100436-001 EGT extension wires. The EGT extension wires match your sensors, but the CHT sensors are black and white wires while the -000 wire is red and white. Could this be wrong type, and if not what hooks to what?
Thanks,
Mike

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That's OK. You have the right wire. See this chart for a helpful graphical depiction:

http://www.pyromation.com/Downloads/data/ColorCodessheet.pdf

N125YX

Thanks, based on the chart (and the fact that I have a Jabiru engine) I assume that the black and white wires of my senor are international standard so I put the extension white wire to the black wire on the sensor using the chart. Correct?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Crow-eating time.

If you peeled back the black insulation (which we just did; which you shouldn't have to; which you shouldn't do now), you'd discover some hidden red insulation under there.

So the end answer you're looking for is: connect the whites together, and the black that you can see on the probe end to red on the harness end.

If you get it backwards, the thermocouple will go the wrong way when you heat it (even holding the ring end end in your hand is enough to move it a few degrees quickly).

N125YX

Thanks, a few quick switches of connectors and I'll be back on track. I appreciate the extra mile you went to see what was under the black insulation. It never occurred to me. Obviously I'd suggest that the black be replaced with red on future product batches, but you saved me from having all these buggers backwards! :)
Mike