CNX80/GNS480 waypoint not displayed on HSI

Vincentsei

I love flying!
First off thanks for the latests version of software it fixed most of the integration issues with us orphans who love our CNX80s/GNS480s. This restored the serial waypoints coming from the unit as well as problems with the ARINC data. but there seems to be one small problem with the ARINC navigation data being displayed on the HSI. On the map page I can see all my way points and distances that the CNX-80 is passing the Dynon. The flight plan plots on the skyview map just fine, but on the HSI the name of the waypoint is just _ _ _ _ _. Since the name is being listed on the flight plan page of the Skyview I think the data is coming across just fine and that I have something not right on the HSI setup or there is small software bug that the HSI doesn't think it has the name of the waypoint. The distances on the HSI are correct though. I have attached a screenshot of me flying to ABQ which is listed on the flight plan page to the right but the HSI is showing the dashes with the CNX-80 as the HSI source. Anything I can try to resolve this or is it just a bug right now? Thanks

Vince

Attachments

• screenshot-No_Waypoint_info_on_HSI.png
    screenshot-No_Waypoint_info_on_HSI.png
    333.9 KB · Views: 110

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I'm guessing there's some ARINC label that we're expecting to see for the "next" waypoint that it's not outputting. Nothing you can do for now, and I'll put it on the issues list. It might not be possible to easily fix it on our end, but we'll evaluate it for sure.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
A couple of additional questions:

- Did you happen to hook up an "aviation" format serial output to the ARINC module, like we would have you do on a GTN or GNS series product in our installation guide? Ideally you should. We're not positive that hooking that up would fix this, but it's good data / something to try if you haven't done it already.
- Can you grab a diagnostics log from your aircraft for us? Full instructions for getting those to us are here. In the message box, put "case 175049"