COM radio backlight and contrast

scheevel

I love flying!
I have two COM radios in the panel and my biggest complaint is readability. There does not seem to be an ablity to adjust them either in the HDX controls or on their own. Also, the number 1 has a backlight, which helps, but the #2 has no backlight and there does not seem to be a way to control this. Can someone please help me on this? Thanks

scheevel

I love flying!
Is anyone from Dynon monitoring this forum? If so, could I please get a response?

jnmeade

Well, this isn't what I intended. My intent was to post a link to a thread, but what seems to be happening is the base message is showing. Do a search on radio readability that I posted.

I am still dissatisfied with my situation.

scheevel

I love flying!

Well, this isn't what I intended. My intent was to post a link to a thread, but what seems to be happening is the base message is showing. Do a search on radio readability that I posted.

I am still dissatisfied with my situation.
Thank you for your response. At least we know that nothing is really that adjustable. Suffice it to say that I was quite surprised when I first powered the radio stack to see how different it looks from the photo in the online sales ordering material which looks like this:
1608247166201.png

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Is anyone from Dynon monitoring this forum? If so, could I please get a response?
Sorry for the delayed response - we try to check in here every few days or so.

There isn't a way to adjust the backlight/contrast, but, the backlight should follow the SkyView system screen dimming. If the backlight isn't working at all, you might need to reach out to our support team (contact info in bio).

scheevel

I love flying!
Sorry for the delayed response - we try to check in here every few days or so.

There isn't a way to adjust the backlight/contrast, but, the backlight should follow the SkyView system screen dimming. If the backlight isn't working at all, you might need to reach out to our support team (contact info in bio).
The backlight works for the primary com. If I switch Skyview to regard the primary as com2, then the backlight works on com2 and not on com1. Obviously, Skyview is not anticipating having two coms on the network and is not handling the backlight on the non-primary com. I will contact technical support, but my suggestion would be to upgrade the com display with a better more readable screen technology, whether OLED, or other. If it actually looked like the advertising image I posted above, it would be great. Maybe you could offer such an upgrade to existing owners at a discount?