Configuring VPX for the first time.

nickkenney

I love flying!
Hi All

I am currently part through building my Europa XS trigear. We are bench testing the SV-1000T through the VPX unit.
Both the VPX and the SV have been loaded with the latest updates and the VPX has been configured.
I have connected the VPX through serial port 2 on the EFIS as per the manual and configured the port in settings. However, the EFIS and the VPX are not talking. I have purchased the Licence but as yet not obtained the licence code back from Dynon. Can someone advise, would this stop all TX and RX counts being displayed until I receive and input the licence code? Or should there still be some data transfer reading even though I cant access the VPX until I receive the code?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

nickkenney

I love flying!
Ok thanks for that Sam.
I'll wait for the code to come back. I just would of thought you would of seen some tx or rx count.

Cheers

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As soon as you connect a (working) serial device, and configure the type of device, you should see TX and RX data. RX is the most important, indicating that SkyView is receiving data from the serial device. You will see TX always, and RX if the device is actually connected correctly and powered on. Not having a VP-X license does not affect this.

Check that you have:
SkyView Serial 2 TX -> VP-X Serial RX
SkyView Serial 2 RX <- VP-X Serial TX

Hi All

I am currently part through building my Europa XS trigear. We are bench testing the SV-1000T through the VPX unit.
Both the VPX and the SV have been loaded with the latest updates and the VPX has been configured.
I have connected the VPX through serial port 2 on the EFIS as per the manual and configured the port in settings. However, the EFIS and the VPX are not talking. I have purchased the Licence but as yet not obtained the licence code back from Dynon. Can someone advise, would this stop all TX and RX counts being displayed until I receive and input the licence code? Or should there still be some data transfer reading even though I cant access the VPX until I receive the code?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks