Connecting D180, D100, & HS34 to GNS650 & G335

N733YD

I love flying!
Building a panel with D180 & D100 interfacing to GNC650 via HS34. Providing encoder output to the GTX via serial direct from D180 /D100.  GNC is tied to HS34 via ARINC and via RS232. GNC also provides WAAS GPS directly to the GTX for ADS-B Out. Questions: 1) The RS232 link is supposed to be only for the raw NMEA data used to support basic groundspeed and similar non navigation functions only -correct? 2) The ARINC is to bring in GPS & NAV data in for the HSI display and should also allow me to select course or radial to navigate to on the GNC correct? 3) The GNC needs to know the altitude, it would get pressure altitude at 29.92 only from the GTX. Does the RS232 or ARINC from the HS34 provide the missing barometric correction? 4) The GNC needs to know the magnetic heading to drive the display orientation. Is the mag heading part of the ARINC or RS232 data which is output via the HS34?
Anyone out there done this before?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I think this answers most of your HS34 ARINC questions:

http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/ARINC-429_Labels

Beyond that: 1) If you have the HS34, there isn't - strictly speaking - any need to also connect NMEA serial to the HS34. But it can supply groundspeed and basic CDI info to the D180/D100. If you didn't have the HS34, you'd use that, but you also wouldn't get any of the NAV radio side of the 650's output, and the GPS side's CDI doesn't have features you want to have like auto CDI scaling and such over NMEA. 2) Yes. On the GPS side of things, only when you're in OBS/suspended mode on the 650 (I forget its precise name). 3)Yes, baro corrected alt is one of the things sent by the HS34. 4)Yep, same as last.