control wheel steeering

JTD

In both modes of CWS my system will sinc the altitude to the current altitude. However the heading will not sinc and trys to turn the aircraft where ever the bug is on the HSI. Is this normal, dosent seem to be very efficent because I usuayl use CWS when my work load is high and you need to just hold the alt and heading you are on

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Which product line are you using? And is the lateral mode engaged already when you're using control wheel steering? Or are you talking about using the disconnect button to engage the autopilot initially?

In any case, if you're using HDG or TRK mode while you use control wheel steering, and you have the control wheel steering set to assume the current alt/direction, it should sync both the altitude and hdg/trk bugs when you release the button?

JTD

I am talking about using the CWS button to initally activate the autopilot. My Skyview system behaves the same regardless of the setting choice. It always wants to fly the airplane to the heading bug where ever it is. The bug does not sinc to the currant heading when CWS is activated.

Thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You need to go into the AP menu, then the roll mode, and click "SYNC". Make sure it's highlighted. This will cause it to sync on engage.