Converting from Steam/gyro to D10a - any actual printed guides?

flyboy1963

I love flying!
Hoping not to re-invent the wheel.... I know there are a LOT of different panels out there, but sounds like hundreds have take out their Art.Horiz, DG, and maybe ASI or Altimeter? I am also interested if folks typically ditch their encoder, and use the Dynon one in the D10?
I absolutely want the AoA sound in my headset, so that involves wiring into my intercom, which I am not qualified to do....so a lot of this is going to the local avionics shop.
a lot of questions still unanswered by 'the manual'.....like how I add GPS info from my old Garmin 296, & do I need a GPS antennae?
Of course I'd like to do as much as I can myself....EAB Glastar
old panel.jpg

Brent Dana

the d-10a is a stand alone instrument! If you want all the other stuff, you need skyview system.

Raymo

I love aviation!
What Brent said is correct. The D10A is rather old at this point, with limited functionality. You'll need to consider at least a 7" HDX EFIS for AOA, which will also require a primary AD-AHRS, with Pitot/AOA tube, if you want ADS-B OUT, you'll also need the GPS-2020 antenna and the Dynon transponder (261). The GPS-250 will work but not for ADS-B OUT.