Course line

Ollie6a

Is there a way to change the course line. Mine is set on 360* and I haven't found a way to change it

Thanks, Ollie

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There is a known bug with the Lowrance units where the course line does not work. This will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Canadian_JOY

Dear DynonSupport,

While I understand you may not be able to give exact dates, would you be able to provide at least some guidance as to what phase of development this Lowrance-compatible load of code is now in? Is it still a lab rat, or is it ready for Beta, or half way through Beta, or still a figment of engineering's imagination?

I'm still a few weeks away from flying my D-100 and expect it will be another few weeks before I've got the wrinkles ironed out with the basic EFIS functionality so it's safe to say it will be at least six weeks before I'll even be able to look at the HSI component. Even so, it would be nice to have some guidance as to progress on this new firmware release so those of us with only partial functionality can get the "warm and fuzzies".

By the way, I was looking at my new instrument panel this past weekend and found (totally by accident, I can assure you!) I've got enough space on the co-pilot side to install a D-10-sized instrument there. And it's directly in front of the co-pilot's line of vision. My my, how convenient! I wonder what I should put in there... :-/

Canadian JOY - Davis Da-2a Homebuilt

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's done and working on the bench today, but we can't just fix one thing and send out new firmware because our verification process for new firmware takes a long time, no matter how simple the change. Because of this, the Lowrance fix will be included in the next firmware update, which will include lots of new things, but we don't have a definite timeframe for it. The fix for the Lowrance issue is pretty simple and we now have a Lowrance GPS in-house, so we don't have any doubts it will work.

You can still verify that the Lowrance is talking to your EFIS- pretty much everything but the course should come up as correct.

Canadian_JOY

Dear DynonSupport,

Thanks for the update. It's encouraging to know that at least the "bug" is not only understood but also is fixed. Now I'm just more curious to know when the code will become available... ;D

One point to note... I work in the high-tech world and too often see projected software release dates announced, and then missed, and then missed again. As much as I dislike the uncertainty of the Dynon "it will get there when it gets there" method of announcing code deliverables, I can say this approach certainly does away with the problem of disappointment resulting from missed deadlines. As long as the code updates continue to be free I guess it would be hard for me to justify attaching a date to the deliverables.

Patience is a virtue. :p

JetJockey

Will the non-compliant GPS course line issue be addressed by allowing us to manually set the desired course in the next upgrade?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Wasn't planned since we don't know of any other GPS units that work on everything else but the course line. What unit are you using?

WestCoastOz

Hi Mike,
The Bendix/King Skymap IIIc using NMEA0183 (4600 baud) data out does not support the proper functioning of the HSI course indicator (see thread http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1152571982/75

I have been getting away with it by using the AR NAV 9600 format (although this does not update the time clocks on the D100/120) however I am retro-fitting a TruTrak DigiFlight IIVS autopilot and this needs to use the NMEA0183 output from the Skymap IIIc to function properly, so I will lose the HSI function once the autopilot is connected.

Can you advise if the next firmware update will address this issue as well as the screen flutter on start up that I advised you of previously?

Thanks

Dave

JetJockey

Wasn't planned since we don't know of any other GPS units that work on everything else but the course line. What unit are you using?

I've got the Apollo 360GPS. Everything works perfectly, including the CDI, it's just that the course bar is locked at 360 degrees. I sent you the GPS output file a few weeks ago.