Cowl flap position indicator

huntaero

I have the Skyview system installed in my Bearhawk along with elev and rudder trim can I hook up the cowl flap indicator also, I'm using Ray Allen servos for all 3 systems.

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
As long as you have EMS inputs left over then you can monitor as many position indicators as you want. You dopn't even need the full Ray Allen servo, you can also use the Ray Allen resistive position indicator (that also is basically a 5 kohm potentiometer, just like the servos)

huntaero

Can you have it showing on the display currently I have elev trim and using the flap indicator as rudder trim. Can you build a cowl flap position indicator on the display.

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
There is no special fancy graphics for the display of a cowl flap position. You can either use a numerical display or use on of the standard graphical display elements to indicate the current cowl position. You could pick one of the bar widgeets with only a single color (or maybe no color) or you could use an arc widget, in either case you might calibrate the sensor in percentage open