CYLINDER RE-IDENTIFICATION

ZK-LCM

Hi

I have connected up all 4 CHT & EGT probes of my D120 to my Lycoming 0-320 engine & found that I have got cylinders 1 & 4 EGT probes accidentally swapped. The wire labels must have gotten swapped at some stage.

Is there some way that I can internally "fool" my D120 so that the EGT reading for the No 1 wire reads as No 4, and vice versa?

I have trimmed the brown wires on one side & doubt that I have sufficient length to swap them over, but will double check that tomorrow.

I suppose the pins could be swapped at the D sub connector, but that's pretty major surgery!!!

Thank You
Graham

ZK-LCM

Folks,

I am in the process of swapping these pins as recommended, but we found that the removed pins would not lock back into the Plug holes.

So we decided to replace the plug body but to do this we need to fully & correctly identify the Plug body.

Can Dynon please provide correct & complete identification of the EGT/CHT Plug body.

Thank you in anticipation.
Graham

ZK-LCM

I should add that the original EMS sensor kit was Dynon EMSKIT-L4C, Dynon Part No 100545-001, and my unit is a D120.

Thanks
Graham

ZK-LCM

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your replies.  We have now swapped the pins and the cylinder readouts are for the correct cylinders, so all is well.
However it is worth noting that the job was not as straightforward as I had hoped.
For reasons that we never were able to explain the pins would not lock into their relocated holes. So we purchased replacement 25 Pin D Sub plug bodies, and replaced the entire plug body.  But guess what the pins would not latch in them either..
It transpires that you cant just use "a standard" 25 D Sub plug as suggested on this forum. You have to get one that is compatible with the pin size. I don't pretend to understand how to identify plugs that fit specific Pins. However the pins are colour coded with painted "bands", like resistors & the colours tell you the pin "BIN" (Basic Identification Number). More than that I don't know....

I tried to purchase a replacement plug from Dynon but the site wouldn't let me (which we find is not unusual with purchasing from outside the USA).

So I purchased a plug from the New Zealand Dynon agents & it worked, but I don't know why others did not.

If anybody can thro more light on this subject it would be very informative.

Thanks
Graham