D-10 ext mag calibration

bicyclops

Howdy,
I recently tried to calibrate the external mag sensor on the D-10 in our RV with puzzling results. I verified the conection by waving a magnet near the D-10 and then the external module and uploaded the most recent firmware and the magnetic dip. I then started the calibration program while sitting on a compass rose. The destructions said that I would see "Collecting data for NORTH”. What I saw was "Collecting data for 0 degree banked turn. This should be accomplished on the ground." For the other headings, I also got messages indicating to me that the unit thought that I was calibrating the internal mag and I was unable to complete the process because the software thought it was incomplete. What am I doing wrong?
The good news is that the heading indication is within a few degrees of the GPS track most all the time, so maybe I don't need to calibrate it correctly.

Pax,

Ed Holyoke

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ed, is this a D10 or a D10A? Just checking since we don't get many D10 questions anymore, but it matters a lot in this case.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ed,
There are two programs for the D10 compass calibration. One for internal, one for external. Or best guess is that you downloaded and are running the internal cal program.

You can grab the external compass program here (last link on the page):
http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/support_software.html

Please try that out and let us know if it doesn't work.

bicyclops

Makes sense, but I was pretty sure that I had the correct software. I downloaded the right stuff and I'll try again.

Thanks,

Ed