D-10  / AOA install

garys

I'm installing the AOA with my D-10 EFIS. I see no pin number for audio out for warnings. I have looked in all install instructions. Will the audio go directly to head sets or is it required to go through the intercom?
Gary

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Only the D10A has the audio output. The D10 does not have an audio alert. It's one of the enhancements in the D10A.

If you had a D10A, the signal would need to go through an intercom.

garys

Re: D-10  / AOA install

I have the D-10 EFIS & The D-10 EMS installed and has been working well for a couple years, I also have the remote mag, along with the OAT. All are great value products. I just installed the heated AOA pitot. With the weather I have not done the calibration yet.

I have the two inte connected as required. I have been unable to move the EFIS display to the EMS. Could you walk me through this step by step?

If I can move this to the EMS, could I get an audio warn from my AOA on the EMS? I just up loaded the latest firm ware from 3-05-07 on both units. The AOA is some what useless W/O an audio warning.

Gary

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
(UPDATE - I just noticed that that you own an EFIS-D10. The EFIS-D10 can not receive information from EMS-D10 at all - only the newer EFIS-D10A can. None of the DSAB interconnect instructions mentioned below will work with the EFIS-D10. Do note that the EFIS-D10 has a different pin-out in general than the EFIS-D10A as well.)

Two things:

For the EFIS->EMS display, you do still need to have the two 9 pin serial ports connected with a null modem as described in the serial communication connection section of the installation manual.

Also, make sure the firmware on both units is the latest version (this is likely if you have the EMS->EFIS going over DSAB)

garys

Re: D-10  / AOA install

I just found the instructions for switching the EFIS display to the EMS. That part is solved I did have them interconected. I just needed to find out about the hot buttons. I was able to switch it to the EMS.

When I switch it to the EMS, will I be able to get audio output from the EMS to the intercom?

Gary

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The EMS will not generate audio tones for the EFIS. You'll need a D10A to do that.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The EMS audio alarms are always physically broadcasted from the EMS itself. They will sound if connected to your intercom/audio panel no matter where the screen is being viewed. They will also sound even if you're not displaying the alarming value on any screen.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
UPDATE - I just noticed that that you own an EFIS-D10. The EFIS-D10 can not receive information from EMS-D10 at all - only the newer EFIS-D10A can. None of the DSAB interconnect instructions mentioned above will work with the EFIS-D10. Do note that the EFIS-D10 has a different pin-out in general than the EFIS-D10A as well.