D10 Remote compass no longer detected.

britguy59

I've used my D100 EFIS for the last 200 hrs of flight, no problem. It was installed with the remote compass and OAT probe. I just added two dynon servos and the AP74, and was going to update the software. When I power on the system, the compass is no longer detected. I checked all connections, did continuity on the pins to make sure the loom is not broken somewhere, but no matter what, the compass is not found. The software update warns not to use unless compass is connected. I can find no broken parts or wires, and connectors seem correct. (No wiring changes except addition of those for AP74 and 2 new servos. Possible bad compass module?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's possible, but if you just changed something, there could be something there too. It's not impossible to kill the remote magnetometer with an errant static or other electrical discharge if its wires ended up getting some mistaken contact during the servo/AP74 installation (while you were working on the EFIS D25 harness. Just to make sure, your EDC to EFIS connection doesn't share ANY wires with the AP74 and servos, correct? The EDC connection is not DSAB. We'd be happy to check out your compass for you if that would help.