D10A EFIS compass problems

Chriseleven

I recently upgraded the firmware to v5.1.1 After the upgrade the magnetic compass was about 65 degrees out. I have performed the recalibration exercise but the compass is still about 10 degrees out. I also notice that on start-up the compass heading is shaky and rotates continuously. This stabilises after a while.

Did I just not perform the recalibration properly or could there be other issues

Chriseleven

aha - should have searched first - same problem here http://dynonavionics.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1248260372/11#11

Etienne

Hi Chris

Have you put the magnetic inclination in whilst doing the calibration? It will completely throw out the calibration if it's wrong, and under certain circumstances a little vibration will make the compas go haywire!

In Port Elizabeth, it's -67 degrees...

Hope that helps
Etienne

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Sounds like the issue that some have been having. We're working on a fix that we should have published soon in the form of a minor firmware update. Until then, if you have a backup, restore it and then update to 5.0.3. If you don't have a backup, give us a call and we can walk you through some alternate instructions.