D10A intermittent readings on HSI from Garmin 430

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Re: D10A intermittent readings on HSI from Garmin

After pushing BRG SRC, you need to twist the value knob to go through the different possibilities. Are you going that step, or just pressing the BRG SRC button?

Henrik

Hi Dynon,
I have now finally downloaded and flown the V5.01 software update...and what a difference!! This is now what I thought we had bought into! I am now able to see a rock steady presentation, and have comfortably flown an ILS approach.
However I still seem to have a problem with the bearing source selection. This seems to be stuck with the VOR / ILS on the primary CDI selection and the GPS on the secondary (yellow) pointer.
I have tried pushing BRG SRC button and adjusting the valu knob, but all this does is adjust the BARO setting.
At least We have some significant progress with the presentation...now if we can get the selection of the CDI "feed" to work I will be over the moon!
I look forward to your feedback at your convenience.
Henrik

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

Henrik,
To adjust the Bearing Source, you must have the HSI up on the DSAB master. It appears you have a D100 and a D10A. Which unit is DSAB master and which unit has the HSI up when you are trying to adjust?

Henrik

I suspect that the master is the 100. We will check this out with our fitter.
If we change this to the 10 what functionality do we loose from the 100? Presumeably the value control of pressue setting? Anything else?
How do we select the master unit?
Thanks,
Henrik

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

Master is selected by performing a DSAB configuration from a unit. If you have the autopilot servos, they are also driven by the DSAB master. Beyond that, that's about it, except for a couple of very subtle things like how things like baro and bug changes are annunciated (and we're going to be getting rid of those discrepancies as much as we can). You can control the baro value from either unit, though, and they will sync.

Note that the bearing source will only ever be able to be set on the master.

swatson999

This is an old thread, but it was the closest I could find to my question...

On the Garmin setup pages, what the heck does "SDI" stand for? :)

I searched the install manual and couldn't find the acronym spelled out anywhere...I *hate* it when documentation does that...

TIA!

Steve

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
"Source/Destination Identifiers" (SDI)

This allows one ARINC 429 bus to support two of the same device. For instance, if a G430 sends out CDI as label 123, then you can have two, each sending label 123, and set one to SDI of 1 and the other SDI to 2 so the receiver can tell which one sent the label.

In basically every Dynon install there is only one ARINC source, so an SDI of "Common" is used which means you will listen to anything that sends data.