D10A Not turning on...

ronheberlein

(A little history about my D10A) When I got my D10A a couple of months ago, I was able to take it out of the box and turn it on right away, as it was running off the internal battery. After a while, I got a low battery warning, and then the EFIS turned off, not allowing me to turn it back on. So I figured that once I finished the wiring I could hook it up and charge the battery.

When I finished my wiring for the D10A and the altitude encoder module, I wanted to turn the EFIS on to see if the encoder module was sending data to my GPS, and to charge the internal battery.
When I turn the avionics switch on, the Display on the D10A does not come on, BUT there is a faint clicking sound that sounds like it is trying to turn on. When I press the far left button the clicking stops, and when I release the button the clicking starts again.
Also sometimes when I turn the avionics switch on I get a momentary activation of the lcd display (without any data being shown) that coencides with the clicking sound.

I verified that I have the main power and ground going to the correct pins, and there was no other source of power on the connector (I don't have the emergency power or the backup power hooked up).

It seems like something is not booting up properly, but I am really not sure. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Do I need to try to load new SW?

Ron Heberlein
RV-9A

ronheberlein

Looks like I have one of the units that dosen't want to turn on with less than 12.5V. I hooked the charger up to the A/C battery, and the unit turned on!

Now I just need to update the SW to fix the startup issue.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ron,
That sure does sound like the 12.5V startup problem that some units were having. Update your software to 2.08 and it should resolve it. Once you have 2.08 the unit will turn on at any voltage above 10V.

Also, just a note. If you have any software before 2.08, while the unit may not turn on until 12.5V (not all units have this problem), the unit will stay on until 10V once it is on.

ronheberlein

I updated my SW, and everything works great!

Man, does that SW take a long time to backup and load! I had to sit there and keep my laptop from going into standby mode!

Looks like the altitude encoder/converter module is working correctly as well. (I think!!)

Ron