D10A OAT Error

Mddriver

I love flying!
I have a D10A with remote compass and a Type 2 OAT probe. Until recently, the OAT has read accurately. Suddenly it is reading consistently high, by approximately 30 degrees C. It is located mid-wing in an inspection panel, and the EDC-10 is located in the tail. I've made no firmware changes. Can someone tell me the most likely cause for this sudden error in the OAT reading?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Best guess is that the probe is on it's way out. There's a smaller chance it's the EDC. Get in touch with our support staff for further help (contact info in signature)

Mddriver

I love flying!
I’m just now getting around to resolving this problem. Are there any electrical specs that I could check with a meter to help troubleshoot this anomaly?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
See this thread for that info:

Mddriver

I love flying!
Found the problem! I removed the connector at the EDC and the probe ohmed out correctly. But in the process I noticed that two of the pins coming from the probe were not completely seated in the connector due to the heat shrink tubing. I cut it back just enough so that the pins would properly click into the connector, plugged it back in and now it works perfectly.