D10A Wire Harness

WEdgar

AP; IA
From what I can determine from the Dynon web site, the wire harness for the Stc'd D10A Pn102832-000 is not configured to include the Gps-251 Pn 1006240. Is there another wire harness for the D10A that DOES include the Gps-251 or any suggestions.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The GPS 251 plugs right into that harness. It's the correct one to use in a STC’D install.

Taildragger

I love flying!
The GPS 251 plugs right into that harness. It's the correct one to use in a STC’D install.
My harness only has yellow, orange and black wires into the D9 connector for PC interfacing. It does not have the power wire for GPS that taps into pin 12 of the D25. I guess I'll have to add this wire myself?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Let's back up a step. There are two harnesses available for the EFIS-D10A. The original - 100425-000 - has a serial port like you describe, without the power supply for the GPS-251. The newer "simplified" harness - 102832-000 - has fewer overall wires for simplicity, but does carry power for the GPS-251. If you have the 102832-000, it should have the orange wire. But the legacy harness does not.

Taildragger

I love flying!
hmmm... I ordered the only one Aircraft Spruce offers.  It mentioned nothing about NOT having wiring for the GPS antenna but after reviewing the item on their site I see it mentions:

'includes the necessary power and ground leads, encoder leads, remote magnetic sensor leads and RS-232 leads.'

A wee bit confusing if you're not aware of what you're looking for.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/dynond100harness.php

Aircraft spruce ought to have the proper wire harness kit listed as an optional item for the STC D10A item so as not to have customers getting the wrong harness like me.

So... I will need to add the 12v power wire it seems.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Agreed. Under the Q&A it identifies it as the 100425-00 harness. But it needs to be much clearer. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The bottom line is that you don't have the harness that the STC specifies. Now, that doesn't meant that your installer can't approve it - they can choose to build the harness entirely from scratch if they'd like.

But if you want the simplified harness that is more tailored to the EAA STC specs, it's the following one. It doesn't look like Spruce carries it as of this moment: http://www.dynonstore.com/#!/p/68959689

Taildragger

I love flying!
Thanks. We got it figured out and wired up today. We just tapped a 12v power wire into pin 12 of D25 connector. Happy to report the GPS was detected and works brilliantly.