D180 - Additional EGTs

scgarrett3037

It is my understanding that the D180 will support up to 6 EGTs.  I have 2 EGTs presently connected in my Rotax 912 (cyl 3 & 4).  I wish to add 2 additional EGTs probes to Cyls 1 & 2. 

I have gone into the D180's configuration via - EMS, MORE, SETUP, EGT.  In the EGT window, I don't find the ability to change the number of EGTs installed.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you.

jakej

You will need to set engine type to OTHER then make sure the rest of the sensors are set correctly. It's all in the install manual under EMS Configuration ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You'll have to set the ENGINE TYPE to OTHER. Then you will be able to add additional CHTs.

Note that the FlightDEK-D180 only has 3 general purpose inputs compatible with the (thermistor) CHTs that Rotax uses as standard on the Rotax 912 ULS, and all 3 are already in use.

Thus, you will have to modify the "EGT" harness and install J-type thermocouples to monitor cylinder 3 and 4.

It is my understanding that the D180 will support up to 6 EGTs.  I have 2 EGTs presently connected in my Rotax 912 (cyl 3 & 4).  I wish to add 2 additional EGTs probes to Cyls 1 & 2. 

I have gone into the D180's configuration via - EMS, MORE, SETUP, EGT.  In the EGT window, I don't find the ability to change the number of EGTs installed.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you.

scgarrett3037

Thanks for your reply....however, I was asking about adding additional EGT probes and your response seems to be referencing CHTs??