D180 discharge main battery

Henning

My plane keeps discharging battery. By mesurements today we fint that the D180 "eats" 0,8A when the aircrafts power mainswitch is shut off. When we disconnect the internal batteri of the unit, still the unit use power from the mainsource. Any clue what we should do about it?

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
It's hard to respond without any additional information lime a main power diagram. With the main source you mean the main battery, but then how is your aircraft wired, isn't there a main power relay that shuts the complete power to all the aircraft systems off. What remains powered when your main switch / main power relay is shut down, where is power remaining behind the firewall in case the main switch is off. Dynon doesn't need any keep alive power for anything.

Henning

You are correct. I mean the main battery. And i have a main switch. Now i found that the yellow cable on the D180 is connected to constant power, as described in the installation manual. Its for the clock and are supposed to use less than 1 milliamp. When disconnecting the yellow cable mye leak dissapears. When connected my D180 are using 0,8A when powered off, thru the yellow cable. Maybe my unit need service/repair...?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200505_154658_com.dropbox.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20200505_154658_com.dropbox.android.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 179

Raymo

I love aviation!
That's the wire I mentioned (keep alive). No need for it if your D-180 has an internal battery, as your screen shot states.

Last edited: