D180 screen went black setting EMS parameters

alpinelakespilot20

After about 20 minutes setting up my EMS parameters on the D180 (specifically the CHT ranges) my D180 all of a sudden shut down.  Can't get it restarted, through the main buss or with the internal battery. I was pushing buttons pretty fast scrolling through options, quickly hit the far left button (by mistake, though I'm not sure why that would be a problem) and everything went black.  I was running off the main buss and my internal battery was showing at least a 15.4V charge.  At first I though I must have run both batteries dead, but given that I had just charged up my main battery, and given that the internal battery was showing 15.4V when I started, I'm a bit doubtful that that could be the case.  I tested my main buss power after the failure. It's currently at 12.4 volts, and my dynon 3A fuse is good.  I just upgraded to version 5.4.0 earlier today.

I'm currently recharging my main battery to see if maybe it comes on after it's recharged, but any suggestions in the meantime?

Thanks.

Steve

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the internal battery. Also, if you've connected keep alive to pin 2, disconnect it. Beyond that, if it recurs at all, give tech support a call at 425-402-0433.