D3 horizon

Alberto_Bermejo

I love flying!
Hi. I have a problem with the D3 that I think is easy to solve. when I turn it on ... it takes a long time to acquire the satellites ... and it keeps a large X in the center ... and sometimes in flight it also loses them for seconds. I think it would be easy for the D3 to work as a horizon without the terrain, with the internal sensors ... and when it had its position ... to show the terrain ... it would be a very good safety improvement for us ... Well, right now I don't trust any ... I know that I can improve this satellite coverage by putting the external antenna ... but it loses its portable property ... already in passing, improve the hot start ... when turn off in one place, the first thing you do is find the satellites that should be ... if not, since it starts cold. It always starts cold from one day to another by lighting it in the same place. Thank you

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
On the GPS requirement: GPS isn't used just for the terrain drawing. The D3's attitude indication does require a GPS lock: It uses GPS as a required cross-check to the inertial sensors.

Alberto_Bermejo

I love flying!
They could improve hot start. It always starts cold. I know you can put an external antenna that brings the equipment. but it stops being portable ... one more cable ...