Data logging

sstearns2

Hello,

I'm a little disppointed in the small amount of data the D-180 will log. The book states 30 minutes of data at 1 data point per second. Is there a simple way of increasing the data storage without hooking a laptop up to the serial port. It would be great to be able to plug a thumb drive into it.

Also, a data rate higher than 1 per second would be nice for flight test. 10 data points per second would be nice to look at frequency response.

Thanks,
Scott

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So that's a worst case number. There are slightly different hardware revs out there, and one of the small things we changed along the way was how much memory is in the units (memory prices always come down over time... same with your laptops/pcs.) We've been selling the ones with more memory for years now, so there's a good chance you have it. If you have 3 "clear" options in your datalog menu, including a "snapshot" option, then you have one of the newer units with more memory. If you have one of these, then you actually get 6-8 hours, depending on if you have the AP.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Also, if you do want to save data faster, it does come out the back of the unit at 64Hz, but you will need to log this with a PC to a serial logger.

sstearns2

Perfect thanks. I have the three 'clear' options, so 6 hours is great. I'll look into the serial data logger. 64 hz will be fun to play with.

Scott