Database expired warning 1 day early

swatson999

Went flying yesterday, and got the warning page on the map about expired databases. Except they weren't expired. They don't expire until *today*.

This seems like a pretty simple problem to fix...

Rhino

It's the new AI. Your system can now predict the future. Ask it for tips on the Super Bowl.

bruceh

I've seen this also. I just assumed it was aligned with UTC and I'm 8 hours behind.

swatson999

I've seen this also. I just assumed it was aligned with UTC and I'm 8 hours behind.
Except AFAIK they expire at 0900Z on the given date, and this was well before that (I wasn't flying at 1 a.m., but rather the afternoon of the day before).

So I'm guessing that the system is calling the data invalid effective after 2359Z of the previous day (i.e., midnight), which isn't when they actually expire.

362PC

I would be happy to have a reminder on boot when databases are expiring, even as an option. My process has been to have 2 sets of USB drives so I can make sure I have the latest version in my flight bag. At home when updates are available I will load the set that is not in the plane. When I am in the hangar the next time I can swap out the cards and load the latest FAA .duc as well. This has proven to be an effective system as the other day I booted up during preflight to an expired database message and had the new set ready to go.