Default VS Not Working with Button Panel

Mark_Dickens

I just installed the A/P button panel and notice that when I press VS to ascend or descend, I have to repeatedly press the UP or DOWN button repeatedly to get to my desired ascent or descent rate. I have this defaulted in the Skyview settings for 600 FPM. When I had my Classic panel and pressed VS>DOWN, it would default to 600 FPM immediately. Why does this not happen with the button panel or have I set something up wrong?

Raymo

I love aviation!
When you initiate VS accent or descent, it will start at your configured setting of 600'. If you want to change from there, it will increment by 100 or whatever you configured for the increments.

See page 10-20 of the installation guide, rev AD, for more information.

Mark_Dickens

I finally went up today to test my understanding on this. I was trying to use the Skyview system the same way I used the G1000. On the G1000, you push VS and then adjust the VS with the Up or Down buttons. Pressing VS starts the ascent or descent rate at zero FPM. If you do this with Skyview, you get the same behavior. What I missed was that I could simply press Up or Down without pressing VS and if I do that, my defaults are honored.  The little things.....