DEK180 data log

TomBurnett

I am downloading and reviewing data log info. The log is set to record every 60 sec. The file reports Zulu time Hrs, min, sec but no date. How can I get date included in log data?
Thanks

TomB.
RV8A. N630TB.
First flight 8/26/11

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Date only shows up if a NMEA GPS is reporting it. If the GPS is reporting it, the "date valid" column will be filled with 1s, and the next few columns will be nonzero as well.

TomBurnett

I have Garmin 430 GNS installed with the D180 and D100. Not familiar with NMEA term but I assume 430 is not reporting the date.
Off topic, Dynon equipment working great so far. Haven't yet tried the autopilot control but AP74 and HS34 appear to be functioning correctly. Good job,Dynon. Makes a great all glass panel.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you're using the serial data output from the 430, it indeed does not report date/time. It does over ARINC though if you have the HS34.

TomBurnett

I do have the HS34 installed and the 430 should be wired thru that. I have not yet updated the database which is two yes old. Could that be the reason for absence of date?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Nope. Database issues wouldn't cause any problems. Do you get the GPS (magenta) HSI on SkyView when you cycle through your nav sources? If so, I may be mistaken on ARINC 429 containing the date/time.

TomBurnett

Test flight this morning showed HSI changes to magenta when GPS selected as Nav source via HS34. Any other ideas about how I might get date in data log from DEK180?
Thx