Development priority

lindsayj

I know I'm being redundant, i.e., I'm repeating myself to a degree. I have weather, moving map, and approach plates on a 7" tablet. I have WAAS on GNS 430W, and primary (SV1000) and backup (D10A) EFIS's, mainly to enable flying IFR without vacuum. And I have a 2 axis autopilot at last which is very good as far as it goes. You've pretty much satisfied the mapping and font size priorities for the moment really well. Now, to make the autopilot whole, please push up the priority for VNAV! VNAV! VNAV! especially for us old f--t IFR pilots. Thanks for all the good work you're doing, and thanks in advance for what's coming. Jack L.

mkbreezy

I am wondering if there is any chance ADS-B in FIS radar and weather data will be incorporated in the software possibly through your ADS-B transponder. Any chance? I have this using the Sky Radar receiver displayed on the iPad and love it, but would like to see it on the D1000 display.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So our transponder doesn't have ADS-B in capabilities itself, but today, anything that outputs TIS formatted traffic, which for example the NavWorX ADS-B box does, can feed traffic into SkyView.

But ultimately, what you want is a low cost UAT frequency receiver that receives both the FIS-B (weather) and TIS-B (traffic) ADS-B products.

The good news is that products that do this are coming to market. When we get to "weather", generically, we'll bake in support for the most common ADS-B serial output format.