digital engine readouts

lenene

I Am nuts for aeroplanes
This may be covered in the installation manual but I cannot find it.
My digital readout of oil temp is continually changing plus and minus 2 degrees and the flashing of the numbers is distracting. Is there any way the digital readout can be programmed to only change for, say changes over 5 degrees, OR can the digital value be averaged over a set time period like 10 seconds, OR can the value be sampled at a slower frequency such as once every 5 seconds. It looks like I am seeing a value change every half second or so. This might be fine for logging purposes but the rapid changing is troublesome. thanks Jabiru 3300, Arion Lightning

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
George:

You didn't mention which of our EMS products you have, but no, unfortunately there's no way to "smooth" the digits of oil temp from changing rapidly. I'm guessing you have an EMS-D10, EMS-D120, or FlightDEK-D180; I think we do smooth oil temp and other sensor readings in software on SkyView.

This may be covered in the installation manual but I cannot find it.
My digital readout of oil temp is continually changing plus and minus 2 degrees and the flashing of the numbers is distracting. Is there any way the digital readout can be programmed to only change for, say changes over 5 degrees, OR can the digital value be averaged over a set time period like 10 seconds, OR can the value be sampled at a slower frequency such as once every 5 seconds. It looks like I am seeing a value change every half second or so. This might be fine for logging purposes but the rapid changing is troublesome. thanks Jabiru 3300, Arion Lightning

lenene

I Am nuts for aeroplanes
thanks for the answer. It wasn't what I had hoped but that's the breaks….
BTW, it is a D180.
cheers