direction/attidude/airspeed/altitude coupling???

vasper

I have my Skyview all hooked up and was just about to re-install the pitot tube and thought I'd confirm that I hadn't crossed the pitot and static lines so i VERY gently sucked (with my mouth) on the static line, expecting the altitude to rise. It did, but the compass veered off to one side, the attitude indicator showed a descent and the airspeed rose steadily. None of this was expected; is it normal or did I mix something up? I also checked it by blowing gently into the pitot line and it acted different but still coupled into everything else. I do not have an AOA installed but I'm thinking that it's acting like I've somehow intersected with that sensor. Or not? Is it safe to fly? If it does the same thing on my first takeoff run, I'll abort but this seems really peculiar.

Thanks

aguiraf

Re: direction/attidude/airspeed/altitude coupling?

Just connect the pitot line to the pitot port and the static line to the static port and all will work fine. I just completed my Skyview installation. ;)

vasper

Yes, that's exactly what I did but it sure was weird to see the compass swing all over the place when I sucked on the tube. I just can't envision how these parameters affect one another but I'll bet the Dynon Gurus can!

Brantel

ASI works on both Pitot and Static, suck or blow on either one and you will see a change on the ASI

ALT works on the Static, suck or blow on either one and you will see a change on the ALT

The Attitude also uses the ASI as a correction in the ADAHRS, change the ASI without moving the ADAHRS and it will do weird stuff to the Attitude indicator.

The Heading uses them as well as other stuff so yep, messing with them will cause the Heading to change as well.

All of this is covered in the manual but here is the chart:

j7ang8.jpg

vasper

Thanks, that helps a lot! I hadn't read the operations manual very carefully yet and clearly missed this point. My fears are relieved.

Brantel

Yep, it is amazing what they put in those manuals!!!!