Disengage button config

Acropilot

First, My newly installed Alt hold is working practically perfect. It holds altitude in smooth air without any hunting and within 10 ft indicated of the selected altitude. :)

My issue is that regardless of how I set the disengage button, with or without CWS and with setup to go to the selected altitude whe re-engaged, the autopilot always re-engages to the current altitude. It appears that changing the configuring of my button has no effect. It does engage and disengage.

What I want to happen is; select my cruise altitude before takeoff, Takeoff and manually start my climb out of the pattern then engage the AP and have it climb to the selected altitude. Instead when I engage it wants to level off at the current altitude until I resest my cruise altitude.

I do not have the AP74

Regards

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You're basically looking for altitude preselect, which is one of the features that is exclusive to the AP74. It allows you to arm a mode without engaging it and also has the user interface to support the scenario well.

MauiLvrs

... which is one of the features that is exclusive to the AP74.... .
That is one of the reasons that we installed the AP47. One of the others was the 180 button on the panel. The boss said that it was a safety issue, so, in the panel it went... :)