Display goes black on adjustment

Roy47

I recently purchased an LSA aircraft Made in Poland with an EFIS-D100. The display appeared dim, so I went to the menu to adjust the brightness. When I selected brighter it didn't change. When I selected darker the screen went black. Powering off and back on restored the original dim screen. The manual says the screen will never go black when adjusting brightness so what could cause this to happen?
Roy Smith

GKC Aviation

The LED backlighting has most probably died in the screen.
Get on to Dynon support, they can fix it.
I have the same on a customers D180

Roy47

Thanks, but I am new to this. How do I" get on Dynon Support"
Is that a paid service or does it require sending the equipment in for repair?

RV8JD

Contact Support and they will give you an RMA if it needs to be sent back for repair. Probably will be charged the flat rate repair cost of $450. Hopefully they have repair parts available (supply chain issues).

Roy47

Thanks to all I contacted Dynon and they said I need to send it back to the factory for repair. Sence it is a two-week turnaround I will deal with the dim display until the end of the flying season.

kaiserman

Thanks to all I contacted Dynon and they said I need to send it back to the factory for repair. Sence it is a two-week turnaround I will deal with the dim display until the end of the flying season.
Hi Roy
You are experiencing exactly the same problem I had with a D180 I purchased second hand.
Do not send it to Dynon since you can easily exchange the display yourself for 55 to 100$ tops.
That's basically what they will do, but they will charge you 450$ for it.
Just Google this serial number for the Display TD070WGCB2
I bought mine online, paid 70$ and I was up and running like new in 10 minutes.
Opening the unit and changing the display is a piece of cake.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I am happy to help.
Cheers
Oscar

Roy47

Thanks Oscar I ordered a display today. I will let you know how it goes.
Roy

kaiserman

Thanks Oscar I ordered a display today. I will let you know how it goes.
Roy
Let em know where did you ordered it from since it is a standard display used in automotive industry but there a different qualities, etc.

GKC Aviation

Can confirm this works as Kaiserman said.
I bought a new display for around $100 AUD. 20 minutes of work, and looks like a new one.
Couple of fiddly things, be careful with the mylar ribbon cable connector on the top circuit board. If you don't know how to release and reconnect it, look up some YouTube videos on it.

kaiserman

I bought a new display for around $100 AUD. 20 minutes of work, and looks like a new one.
Couple of fiddly things, be careful with the mylar ribbon cable connector on the top circuit board. If you don't know how to release and reconnect it, look up some YouTube videos on it.
Splendid news !!
I am glad to hear. Happy to help our community.

F-PPRQ

Hi Roy
You are experiencing exactly the same problem I had with a D180 I purchased second hand.
Do not send it to Dynon since you can easily exchange the display yourself for 55 to 100$ tops.
That's basically what they will do, but they will charge you 450$ for it.
Just Google this serial number for the Display TD070WGCB2
I bought mine online, paid 70$ and I was up and running like new in 10 minutes.
Opening the unit and changing the display is a piece of cake.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I am happy to help.
Cheers
Oscar
Hi Oscar,
I just join the "black screen when trying to adjust diming " club a few wek ago . I 'm close to send it to Dynon this winter but your mail open a new horizon .
Is it realy a piece of cake to change the display ? without precise soldering ?
I will enjoy your help !!!
Jean-Pierre
French homebuilder with a fourseater Jodel F-PIZZ (picture on net)
jean.pierre.arrondeau@gmail.com

F-PPRQ

HI
Can you send me you tube tutorials adress ?
Thank you very much
Jean-Pierre