display unstable after v5.0 upload

Acropilot

My D10A display is unstable after uploading V5. During the upload the unit shut down and I restarted the upload which eventually displayed a message that the upload was successful.
a couple days later when I turned on the power the display was constantly moving and the blue screen never appeared. After several power off and on cycles the unit displayed the "internal error service required" or similar message.

can I upload my back up and start over?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It does sound like your calibration got trashed somehow. If you have a backup from before 5.0, do try restoring this and see if it fixes it. If it doesn't, we can try sending you a calibration file for your unit. If that doesn't do it, we'll need to see it here to fix it.

Acropilot

Uploaded the backup file successfully but still have the unstable display. Text, like checklist, are displayed ok. All parameters are jumping around, is the best way I can discribe it.

I need further help.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you've uploaded a stable 4.0 backup to the unit and it's still doing that, it sounds like a broken unit. Do you happen to have anything hooked up to it via DSAB?

Do you have an internal battery?

It may be best to just give us a call tomorrow if you can so we can talk it through and get you set up with an RMA if needed.

Acropilot

No DSAB just the D10A with internal battery.  My Garmin 396 is the thing hooked to it. I have the remote compass and OAT as well.  I will call as soon as I can tomorrow for an RMA.  I really like this unit, it will be like sending a part of me off.