Does anyone have an X-Plane simulator for SkyView HDX?

Bill Putney

Starting my IFR training and even though I can't use the hours toward the rating, having a simulator at home would get me familiar with approaches at different airports. The gas prices are better too.

Everything I've found seems to be steam gauges or Garmin. I'd love to find an HDX simulator. One with an Avidyne IFD 440 would be nice.

Thanks,
Bill

Darrin Towers

This would be nice to have, with only about 30 hours behind my Skyview I still sometimes fumble through the menus to get to something. I normally fly at uncontrolled airports and VFR only but the other day I needed to transition across a towered Airspace and ATC requested that I ident, I knew where it would be and it only took less than 10 seconds to get to the ident button, but I would like to be able to do it with out having to focus on the screen.

Last edited:

rjones560

Starting my IFR training and even though I can't use the hours toward the rating, having a simulator at home would get me familiar with approaches at different airports. The gas prices are better too.

Everything I've found seems to be steam gauges or Garmin. I'd love to find an HDX simulator. One with an Avidyne IFD 440 would be nice.

Thanks,
Bill
The Skyview navigation system is not certified for IFR so a simulator using Skyview displays would not be that helpful. What you really need to make friends with us the IFR navigator you will be using. Any simulator that uses the vertical tapes for airspeed and altitude will get your brain trained for that kind of display. I have a Dynon 3 screen system in my RV10. I use a Garmin GTN650 IFR navigation. It sends the NAV data to the Dynon EFIS. Learning to program the GTN650 is the most important thing to learn (assuming you can fly the instruments). In your case learning the Avidyne IFD 440 would be quite important. I have 15,000 hours, about 10,000 in jets. I recall that flying precisely on the instruments was fairly easy. Learning good situational awareness and planning ahead required the most discipline.