Does anyone know what fault this image shows?

tonyvaccarella

Hi everyone,

I am currently installing a Skyview and when I installed the transponder, I got this image appear on the bottom right of the screen. Does anyone know what it means and, more importantly, how I can fix it?

BTW - the transponder area on the very top of the screen has a big red x over it. Im guessing the two issues may be related.

Thanks
Tony Vaccarella
Sydney

tonyvaccarella

Sorry here is the image....

Attachments

• photo_004.JPG
    photo_004.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 153

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That's the status of the TIS traffic system. Since you are not in the USA you should have traffic (TIS) turned off in the transponder setup menu which will make this go away.

tonyvaccarella

Thanks for the quick reply. I have turned OFF TIS but the image is still there. Any other suggestions please?
Regards,
Tony

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Do you have another traffic device configured in your serial ports? A Garmin 330 or a Zaon?

tonyvaccarella

I dont have any other traffic device at the moment. But Im having probs with the transponder in that in the Transponder setup page, its not found. I have check power, tried different ports, and checked Rx and Tx lines. Im wondering if the two issued are related?

Regards
Tony

bscycleman

I love flying!
At the risk of reviving a 5 year old thread...

I'm having the same issue on a new install. The transponder is "Not Found" by the EFIS. I've verified the transponder is connected correctly, at least 10 times. I even bypassed the signal wires to rule out a break in the lines even though they have continuity from end to end.

I contacted Dynon tech support, they requested I send it back to them. I got it back on Friday but they did not find anything wrong with the transponder. I'll call them again on Tuesday, but am hoping someone here might have a solution or other ideas.

Brian

19fx57xl106

I love flying!
How can there be two vfr pilots on this forum, I wouldn't have thought this could happen.
vfr pilot

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We'll reply on the other thread that you opened. Please only post in one place about a particular issue.