drawing wiring  skyview system 2screens

n223rv

Each display has 2 db9 network connectors. The 2 displays need to be hooked together. That leaves 2 connections left without using a splitter. You can use one for EMS and one for ADHARS, then you are out of connections unless you use a splitter or splice onto the connections. Since the autopilot servos only use (4) of the network wires, I tapped into one of the network cables and did not use a splitter for the A/P servos. I think this is a better method since you also need to connect the servos to power, ground, and an autopilot disconnect switch if you wish. I have this same system except I also have 2 ADHARS so I used 1 splitter and just manually spliced in my servos.

sangliervolant

But i own only 1 battery.
That's why  all importants functions (ADARHRS GPS and EMS) need to be connect on pilot display.
Autopilot servos are not connect to dynon battery backup and dont' need to be connect on main skyview.
What did you think about that ?
Sorry for my bad english....

n223rv

My understanding is that the network will work through the displays even if the are off or fail. I'm sure someone from Dynon will read this and confirm, but I asked the same question about redundancy when I planned my system and they stated even a failed EFIS will still pass the network signal.
-Mike Kraus

n223rv

Oh, and by the way, be sure to hook your GPS up to both displays. Then if one fails, it will still send the signal to the other.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That is theoretically true, but that redundancy/failover won't be in the firmware until the summer release. The physical connectivity doesn't matter, even now (ie, as long as the screens are hooked together, power will flow to all modules hanging off the network anywhere), but today the screen that you do your SkyView Network configuration from needs to be powered up for the attached modules to talk. After the summer update, any screen will be able to fail, and you'll still have module functionality as long as everything is electrically connected (even through a failed screen).