DRX antenna coax type

kalewis

I love flying!
I spoke with tech support over the phone earlier, but perhaps did not ask the right question - or did not ask at all.

Anyway, what is the coax plug type on the drx antenna? I am looking into remotely mounting the antenna and running a coax approx 3' inside the cabin. It's an RV-12, so not much of a glareshield or other shelf to place the drx. any specific coax cable to use?

Thanks!

wmb

So not being an avionics tech, where can I get an antenna cable made for my DRX? I' thinking Dynon should offer it as an accessory, must be more people who don't want it bouncing around on the glair shield in the heat of the sun.

jnmeade

I bet SteinAir would make you one up if you gave them the connector specs. Any decent local amateur radio club would have peopled with the skills and tools to make one.

swaneymj

I'm curious about the experience of users who have mounted this device in the cockpit other than on the glare shield or a window. I have a Stratus 2S and had to use 2 external antennas (ADS-B & GPS) to have reliable connectivity. I'd like to switch to a device that is compatible with FlyQ, and this was starting to look like a good option. I'm flying an F1Rocket and the only space I found to mount the Stratus was on the right side wall which doesn't give it much of an antenna pattern outside the cockpit.