DSAB or multiple source feed

skysailor

I realize not many details are available for NEXTGEN but I wondered if some of the parameters that have been resolved apply to sharing data across the cockpit. My current plan is to have a FD 180 on the pilot side with a 100 on the copilot side as this gives me the flexibility to put the engine monitor data on the copilot side for takeoff/landing when flying alone while enjoying attitude/nav on the pilot side. Enroute, the displays can be reversed so both can be attitude/nav if two pilots are aboard.

Since the NEXTGEN will have separate modules for EMS, HDG etc, will the unit be able to transfer data so any data can be put on either screen? I know the DSAB will be different than present but I have not read if I will have the ability to "move" the EMS display to either side of the cockpit and also have both sides display attitude/nav as is now possible. In order to operate IFR (with the requirement for redundant attitude) will I have to have two AHARS modules? Since this function is integrated in the current line, the redundancy is built in with the current systems. Will this be true of the new units? Will the new units be able to tie to existing units (so I don't have to replace both) even though the new DSAB is different?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
In the next system, you will be able to display any module on any screen. So if you have two screens, one ADAHRS module and one EMS module, either screen can show anything.

If you want redundant attitude, you'd buy two screens and two ADAHRS modules. Then each screen has two ADAHRS sources and each ADAHRS has two screens it can display on. This is even better redundancy than you have now with a D100 and a D180.

You will not be able to use the D100 or D180 tied into the next system.