Dual 10" co-pilot will not boot.

Jamie

The pilot side screen boots and has ver3.1 install.

This screen has one SV32 and the ADAHRS in one SV-net with a splitter.
The other SV net connector on the same screen has another splitter, one side goes to the ems , and the other goes to the 2nd screen.(co-pilot)

The 2nd screen gets its input sv-net from screen 1 and has another sv32 on the last sv-net port.

I have been into the wizard on screen 1 and it does find the sv32 that connects into the 2nd screen.

The wizard shows
1 x d1000
1 x ems
2 x sv32
1 x adahrs

But it never finds the 2nd d1000.

I pulled the 2nd screen out, and put it into the pilot side. It boots up fine and has ver3.1 installed.
So I then put the pilot side screen into the co-pilot side, still will not boot.
I have held down button 1 to turn it on, nothing happens.
I tried another cable direct sv-net from screen 1 to screen 2 (no splitter ) and screen 2 still want boot ( turn on ).

Every thing on screen 1 works, ADAHRS, GPS , EMS, SV32.

What volts should I see on each SV-net pins. I do see around 5volt on some pins.

Any help pls

*** do I need SV-HARNESS-D37 into both screens *** as I have only one into screen 1

sandaville

Jamie,

Yes you need the D37 harness connected and wired for all displays in a Skyview system. The Skyview network connections will only power sub modules and not the screens. The network signals are passed through the screens so this is why Screen 1 can see your Servo connected through Screen 2. Don't forget if you are using any RS232 connections to/from the screens you need to connect them to both screens (see installation manual).

Jamie

Thank you RV10du.

As my second screen did not have a D37 cable with it, I was under the impression that all power would then be via the SV-NET cable.

Jamie :)

jakej

Jamie

It would be a good idea to add an ethernet cable as well, that way both screens can share mapping & database with the purchase of 1 x Jepps subscription.

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Jamie,

Every SkyView display does need its own D37, for power, serial input, updates, and so on. Every display ships with one unless explicitly ordered without one (possible and on our order form, but rare).

Jamie

Ok , I now have a D37 fitted to screen 2, and it now powers up great. On screen 1 , I used the wizard and it found screen 2 :) I also fitted the cat5 network cable while upside down under the panel..... ::)

I tried to load my Jepp data into screen 1 but it said Database error, load fail, or something.

Can I confirm the needed files below need to be installed into screen 1.
Note I am in Australia REG-13-south-pac. ( these are all in the root of usb stick )

reg-worldwide-low-res-terrain
reg-worldwide-very-low-res-terrain
reg-13-south-pacific

I used jsum to download the jepp files, then select "start" to program my Dynon usb stick, " program complete ok "

This puts Nav and OB data files onto the stick.
tried to "load files" from screen 1, and it fails.

I do not have the sv-mav-270, ( shouldnt it work for 30 free hour first anyway ? ) with ver 3.1 installed.

When I get back home I will try to re-load the jepp files to usb stick.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
First, make sure that both your displays are running version 3.1. You can check that under LOCAL SCREEN SETUP > DISPLAY HARDWARE INFORMATION. If there is no FIRMWARE VERSION item there at all under the 2nd line item, then start with updating the firmware from our website.

Beyond that, what is the EXACT error you're getting? Also, are you using a PC with JSUM. Macs running with emulators have proven to be problematic in the past.

Jamie

I will check the FIRMWARE when Im back at the field.

Can you please confirm that it should work for 30 hour free, even if im not in the USA ?

thanks

palark

Hi Jamie,
I am in SA and mine is workink fine.  I have these files:
AVIATION DATABASES- AVDATA 06/30/11 - 7/27/11 : JEPPESEN PACIFIC
- OBDATA 03/07/11 - 05/01/11 : FAA
- MKDATA ALWAYS - FOREVER : GOOGLE EARTH
TERRAIN DATABASES
- REG-13-SOUTH PACIFIC HIRES
- WORLD WIDE TERRAIN - LOW RES
- WORLD WIDE TERRAIN - VERY LOW RES

The MKDATA is the user waypoint info I loaded so is not necessary.
Not sure about the FAA
Ring Jeppesen in Canberra if in doubt about their database, they are quite helpful.

Roger

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, the 30 hours works for all customers. The caveat is that you need data, which we have available for free for US customers, but which requires a purchase from Jeppesen for elsewhere in the world (we wish there was public domain / free data available worldwide, but alas, that practice stopped a few years ago)

Jamie

***UPDATE***

Its all working now, after I put the jepp data onto the dynon usb stick again, it loaded fine. It must have been a faulty copy to the stick ?

Both screens boot with "30 hours trial" on the MAP screen.
Im now very happy as the first test flight is very near, its good to have it all working. ;D

Thanks everyone for your input.