Dual remote compass

sdemeyer

I love flying!
I have a D180 and a D100 each having their own remote compass. Can the remote compasses be mounted in the same location, one directly under the other or should they be mounted a certain distance apart?

Speeddog8

I have a D180 and D10A in my Glasair running their own remote compasses. I have them mounted just aft of the baggage compartment on a shelf. The two units are approximately 18" apart from one another and I've never had any issues with them. Hope this helps.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Remote compasses and ADAHRS can be stacked. If they interfered with one another, they would interfere with themselves!

We actually sell a kit to stack ADAHRS units now.

sdemeyer

I love flying!
Excellent, thanks everyone. This will save a lot of work not needing making another tray :)

Scott

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
For D10/D100 series products, the EDC-D10A connects to just one EFIS directly, but heading will be provided to all EFISes that are connected to each other via their DSAB connection. So essentially, yes, but you don't connect the EDC to both products.

For SkyView all displays will receive heading from the active ADAHRS or magnetometer.