Dynon and Seattle Avionics Black Friday Sale!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
When Dynon Avionics partnered with Seattle Avionics to provide geo-referenced approach charts and airport diagrams on SkyView, we set a new bar for affordable data at $99 a year in the USA.

Even at that incredible price, we know all pilots enjoy a deal, and we're here to give it to you. This year, Seattle Avionics is running a "Black Friday" special on data, including Dynon Avionics USA subscriptions.

To get the deal, follow Seattle Avionics on Twitter, and head to their website on Friday morning to get your subscription discounts! This deal can be used for new subscriptions or used to extend current subscriptions.

Seattle Avionics' Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/SeattleAvionics

On top of this, Dynon is happy to announce that the next major release of SkyView software will include support for Sectionals, IFR Hi and IFR Lo charts. Even better, this data is already included in your Seattle Avionics subscription at no additional cost! It will be a few months before our software is ready, but you can be confident that there won't be any additional databases to purchase.

For those pilots in Europe, we know you need data too. We've got some exciting news coming for you next week, so stay tuned.

Now go burn some AvGas with those savings!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You don't have to "use" Twitter to get these deals. You can just go to the SA website on Friday and see the deals yourself. Sorry if we made it sound like you needed to actively follow them to get the discount.

The link above to Twitter doesn't require a login or anything. By clicking on it you see everything Seattle Avionics has posted and can see when they announce the details of the sale. They are also sending emails to all current customers, but the sale is good for new customers too so we wanted everyone to know.

Johnh38

How long do we have before we have to register the software? Or does the 2 year clock begin once we purchase the software? I'm still about six months from actually flying and would love to get in on the BF deal.

john

JTD

I the next release you mentioned IFR high and low charts. Are they Dynon provided like the curent map or do we need Seattle subscription

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
How long do we have before we have to register the software? Or does the 2 year clock begin once we purchase the software? I'm still about six months from actually flying and would love to get in on the BF deal.

You'd have to call Seattle Avionics tomorrow to find out. Pretty sure you subscription starts right away, but they are the ones that sell it so only they can say for sure.

lgabriel

I love flying!

john

It looks like it activated immediately.  I tried calling but their line is extra busy.

Bruno

Well I tried to purchase it and for some reasons unknow to me if was declined..

I guess they don't want our Canadian business... ::)

I'll keep on using Foreflight, they want our business..

Bruno

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We would LOVE to support Canada.

The issue is that Nav Canada wants six figures a year from Dynon before we can sell our first subscription. There is just no way we can justify that amount with our market size. If every single experimental plane in Canada bought the data, that would be $100+ a year per airplane!

We continue to try, but until Nav Canada changes their license requirements, there is just nothing we can do. It's great that Foreflight can make the business work for them, and it probably is your best option.