Dynon Classic Error and Tech Dept response

mr.sun

I was flying VMC recently when one of my 10" Skyview screens went blank as I was selecting something on the Map menu. I had seen this before but it restarted normally. This time, it came up with an error message directing me to download and email to Dynon. Gave me the instructions and address and it seemed pretty important sounding.

I landed pretty quick and did a data dump as suggested and emailed to Dynon Tech dept. No reply for a few days so I inquired by email. Still no reply. Both Skyviews are now normal and I've flown in IMC a number of times cross country recently. No issues, but it still concerns me. Thoughts? Tail number N627RV Greg

skysailor

Give them a call or email support and let them know about your issue and that you emailed the file. The file just goes to an area able to contain the large volume. While I think it's arrival is supposed to trigger a note to Support, a direct email with a description of the problem will get the ball rolling. Reference the data file in your email will help.